Turtlerock has tagged me, and I'm tagging Athanasia and Mimi; so here goes my second blog post of this day!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Giftbags, or delivered to their homes by the online retailer.
2. Real tree or artificial?
Potted rosemary pruned into a cone shape. I put little red, velvet bows on it, or tiny brass bells. This year, though, there are no rosemary plants to be found, so we'll make do with a beautiful poinsetta and some artificial decorations from the Dollar Store.
3. When do you put up the tree?
Whenever we can find the potted rosemary in the store.
4. When do you take the tree down?
Around Theophany (Jan 5 / 18), or when it shows signs of serious dehydration from the dry, indoor air. Then we plant it outside.
5. Do you like egg nog?
Yes, but I've never made it. It's been decades since I've had it.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
A baby doll and two, beautifully illustrated story books.
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
No. I could never get "into" the schmaltz of the "holy family" and the "baby Jesus."
8. Hardest person to buy for?
My husband. He is impossible to please. He even admits it.
9. Easiest person to buy for?
Grandkids! I have to seriously rein myself in from buying every toy I see.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Both. I email to friends whose snail mail addresses I do not have, and mail to those I do have. (I'm supposed to be getting those out this morning instead of doing this, so I hope they actually get sent out!)
11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received.
I really can't remember a "worst" Christmas gift.
12. Favorite Christmas movie?
Oh, there are so many! Most anything with Bing Crosby or Jimmy Stewart.
13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
I don't think so. Been tempted to, though, if I could be sure of who gave it to me in the first place! It just wouldn't "do" to accidentally give it back to the giver!
14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Do I have to chose just one?
15. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
Colored, if I have lights at all, but nothing blinking, PLEASE!
16. Favorite Christmas songs?
Today the Virgin, White Christmas, O Holy Night, O, Come Little Children.
17. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Go to Church, break the long, weary fast, refresh and recoup for the rest of the winter.
18. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeers?
19. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Whenever it's convenient. Some presents are exchanged at Church, family presents whenever I see them, whether before or after Christmas.
20. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Too many unrealistic expectations. (I do put them on myself most of the time, though.)
21. Favorite ornament theme or color?
Red, green, and gold.
22. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Hmmmm. Whatever we're in the mood for. I usually long for scrambled eggs, melted cheese, sausages, toast with real butter, and coffee with real cream.
23. What do you want for Christmas this year?
What I always want--peace and quiet and a happy family.
24. Who is most likely to respond to this?
I haven't the foggiest notion.
25. Who is least likely to respond to this?
Ok - TAG! Athanasia and Mimi! You are IT!