- I’ve baked all my family’s bread and developed my own high protein recipes for bread.
- I’ve watched a spider weave its web.
- I’ve held a newborn kitten in my hand while it died.
- I’ve raised three baby wrens when a cat killed their mother.
- I've cried when family members died, and laughed when others were born.
- I’ve trapped and relocated wild animals.
- I’ve marveled at the Rockies while flying over head.
- I’ve held my newborn granddaughter in my arms and seen the look of wonder in her mother's, my own daughter, eyes.
- I’ve danced with my husband in the kitchen when there was no music playing–at least none that anybody else could hear.
- I've seen my parents celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary, and they're both still around a decade later.
- I've watched storm clouds gather, form, and drop their load of rain.
- I've felt both pride and fear as my children started school for the first time, and again when they left home for college, and again when they got married, and again when they told me they were expecting.
- I've been awakened by birdsong in the morning.
- I've been lulled to sleep by the sound of frogs and crickets.
- I've watched the full moon come up.
- I've seen Haley's Comet.
- I've felt the satisfaction of a job well done.
- I've sung in a girls' trio.
- I've felt the warmth of friendship.
- I've seen the wonder in a child's face during midnight Pascha services.
- I've read books while swaying in the breeze in the top of a tree.
- I've gone fishing with my Dad and Mom.
- I've felt both the emptiness of loneliness and the warmth of companionship.
- I've climbed part way up Mt. Shasta.
- I've felt the freshness of the morning breeze and seen the dawn turn the sky rosy.
- I've watched the stars come out on a clear, moonless night.
- I've walked in the shade of trees still laden with their blossoms, while the earth beneath my feet was already strewn with their petals; and breathed in that sweet, Spring freshness.
Monday, June 08, 2009
What have you done?
I was reading Philippa's blog this morning about "What haven't you done," and I thought I'd just filch her idea, but give it a twist and make my own list of things that I have done, including the things I listed in my comment.