Thursday, January 24, 2008

Sometimes...

Sometimes when life brings a soul-wearying day as it did yesterday, I wish for someone to just be with in a restful way. Someone who is not judgemental or accusing. Someone who won't sugarcoat her comments, but will just be there to support and encourage and remind me that I'm not the only pebble on the beach, but in a kind way. Someone who can and will recognize when I need support and give it, even though I'm doing something stupid; and then later, when I'm stronger, tell me I was doing something stupid. Last year about this time I thought I had several such friends, but I found I was sadly mistaken in my perception of the relationship. However, God in His goodness has not left me alone, but He has sent me one such beautiful soul. Even though she is semi-invalid and pain is her constant companion, she finds time and energy from her heavy workload and worries to encourage me, pick me up with a funny story, remind me gently that I'm not the only person who has troubles, and tell me when I am right and when I am wrong. What a treasure. Thank you, dear friend. You know who you are.

1 comment: