Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Remember that Animal Burrow?


Remember that animal burrow in my front yard I blogged about earlier? Well, I've been watching that area, and it's a cotton tail bunny rabbit. He only comes out well after dark (I didn't know rabbits were nocturnal.), so this (below) is the best picture I could get of him. I had to take the picture from the front porch, which is about 15' high and about 100' from the bunny, and it was pitch dark. I used a spotlight on him, but that didn't help much. It's not a good picture, so I found this one (right above) on the internet that looks a lot like him.

I'm glad it's a rabbit and not a fox or groundhog or armadillo.

[Image credit]

3 comments:

  1. We used to get a lot of large jackrabbits near where I grew up, and they were definitely nocturnal.

    Wonderful, bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! We have a bajillion bunnies in our back yard. The next door neighbor feeds them so they like living in this neighborhood. We have many baby bunnies too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww! A liddoe Pascha-bunya! (as the kiddoes used to say) You probably will be over-run with them, and might get a bob-cat or two as a result. Nice balance God created in nature. Rabbits feed the bob-cats. Not enough rabbits, bob-cats will not reproduce much and their population will go down. Beautiful creatures, bob-cats. Ferocious, though, so keep away from them if they appear.

    We have "litty babbits" in our neighborhood. Love seeing them hop across the yard.

    ReplyDelete