Friday, April 11, 2008

Mice in the corn.

Look what's getting into my chicken feed every night. These two mice manage to squeeze themselves into a heavy, plastic can that has a tight fitting lid. I don't know how they do it, but each morning they're there. I feed my chickens a mixture of corn, sunflower seeds, millet, oats, and some other grain I can't remember what it is. They seem to be very happy, chubby mice. Midnight, my black cat, likes to come up with me in the morning to let the chickens out, and she has fun in the storage shed when I release the mice from their imprisonment. She hasn't managed to catch them, though. I'll have to figure out a way to keep the mice from getting into the grain.

2 comments:

  1. Well, they are cute, but I'm glad it is you and not me, grin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Metal can. Only way. Stinkin' mice. Yuck! Can't they make the chickens sick?

    ReplyDelete