I cribbed this from Muttonings. Nice blog. You should visit it.
What I was doing 10 years ago:
1. Recovering from Graves' Disease.
2. Preparing to attend, against everybody's advice because I was so ill, my second daughter's graduation from the U.S. Coast Guard Academy.
3. Battling with the local public school. Don't ask.
4. Getting to know a new dog that wandered into our yard and became part of the family. (Suky)
5. Debating whether or not I should let my teaching certificate expire. (I let it expire.)
Five things on my To Do List today:
2. Read "The Valley of Fear" (Sherlock Holmes)
3. Clean bathrooms.
4. Form and bake some clay "vomitaria" and hearts for my husband's Sandtray group.
5. Read the recent "Cook's Illustrated" magazine section on fish this month and maybe try out their poached fish recipe.
Five snacks I enjoy:
1. Veggie crackers.
2. Semi-sweet chocolate.
4. Raw veggies and dip
Five things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Make an appointment with my CPA and lay out a plan to keep the tax man from getting most of it.
2. Invest about 60% of it and form trusts from the interest/dividend income in the name of my children, grandchildren, a couple of monasteries, and a trust to handle my and my husband's medical care in our old age.
3. Blow some of it on completely re-doing the inside of my home--new paint, draperies, furniture, carpet in bedrooms, wood floors everywhere else, clean out and finish the basement. Hire a couple of people to keep the yard up and the house cleaned.
4. Buy a property that had a home with a smaller cottage also on the property, put enough money in a savings account to pay the taxes on the place for five years, and give it to a young friend who is really sacrificing to keep a roof over his mother's head--to the detriment of his own personal development.
5. Take that remaining bit, about 25% or so, and invest it and hope to live off of that for our retirement.
Five places I have visited:
1. Navarre Beach.
2. Nuevo Laredo, Mexico.
3. New London, CT
4. San Francisco, CA.
5. Mt. Shasta, CA
Five jobs I have had:
1. Mail clerk
2. Shipping clerk
3. Private Secretary (That would be called an executive secretary today.)
4. Substitute teacher
5. High School teacher